9.10.2012

Cacti & Succulents


Ever since planning my wedding over a year ago, I've been obsessed with succulents. I used them on the tables, as well is in my beautiful bouquet:

My sister took on the enormous feat of my bouquet and all of the floral arrangement at my wedding, and she blew me away with how amazing everything looked! I love the combination of a few traditional flowers with nontraditional non-flower flowers. There were succulents, billy balls, ranunculuses, golden rods (which my sis gleaned from the side of the road on the way to our venue), kale, another flower that I cannot for the life of me remember the name of, and not in my bouquet, but elsewhere at the reception, trick carns.


Succulents are gorgeous, and unique, and a non-flower flower that even my black thumb can manage not to kill! Cacti and succulents are in the same family, and both come in countless, spectacular varieties. BONUS, they can be found in the garden section of pretty much any home improvement store or supercenter, AND they're really inexpensive. Which is why I decided to make a lovely little centerpiece using multicolored cacti and various succulents, and an antique muffin tin I scored at the flea market for a mere $3. 



Also, some more pictures of my gorgeous bouquet. Can't believe it was already almost one year ago that I carried that arrangement with me down the isle...





No comments:

Post a Comment